It's been a really long time since I've posted anything on here, but a lot has definitely happened. I can start with the fact that Dallas is now almost 17 months old! He's walking and talking like crazy. He's definitely advanced for his age. I'm sure a lot of moms say that, and I'm definitely one of those moms! haha. I think my kid is the absolute greatest! He loves to dance and play with bubbles. He loves to point out his body parts, his nose being his favorite so that he has an excuse to pick it. yum. not.
On the not so good front, Dallas was recently diagnosed with MRSA. If you don't know what it is, look it up. It's pretty nasty. It started out with a little bug bite on his butt/leg area. I took him into the urgent care because it was getting really swollen and a lot of infection was coming out. They put him on antibiotics (Bactrim) and told us to take him to the ER if it got any bigger. Well we waited a couple of days for the antibiotics to kick in, but it kept getting bigger, so we took him to the hospital. At that point it was urgent that they get him into surgery right away. They put him on Ketamine, (yeah the famous date rape drug) to put him under. It was really weird. The dr. said that his eyes would stay open, which they did. I was holding him when they put the Ketamine into his IV and he was cyring for about 5 seconds and all of the sudden, mid-cry, he went limp, but his eyes stayed open. They had us walk out of the room at that point. It was horrible because we could hear him crying out. They said that he couldn't feel any pain, but it sure sounded like he could.
The surgery went well and they got all of the infection out! Dallas was really loopy when he was coming off the meds and couldn't focus on any one thing. He just kept saying buh-bye. It was really cute, but kind of sad a the same time. They sent us home and Dallas was happy and playing the rest of the day, which he hadn't done for a few days prior. A couple of days later we took him back to the hospital to get the incision checked out and to make sure it was healing well, which it is! I have the best kid ever. He has been so happy and great.
![]() |
| 12 weeks pregnant! |
Other than that, I'm pregnant! I'm about 14 weeks right now, which means that I should be due around the end of January. We'll see how that goes since I was 3 weeks early with Dallas. Brandon and I are really excited and we get to find the sex out next week. Brandon's hoping for another boy, of course. Me? I'm not sure. I would love to have a little brother for Dallas, but I would also love to have a little girl. And this is most likely going to be the last one we have....they don't make "family five packs" for Disneyland. haha.
Life is great right now. Brandon and I are more in love than ever. Things are going great. I just love my little fam bam.






No comments:
Post a Comment